Blog Archive

AND MISS UNIVERSE IS...

Well! Quite frankly I have no idea. Gone are the days when a simple evaluation of face, figure and smile resulted in an 80 to 90 percent success rate when predicting the outcome of an international pageant. These days there are just too many external variables such as political correctness, and economic and social factors to take into account when arriving at a universally accepted result.

Needless to say, I have taken the "safe" route and selected six delegates each from the Americas, Europe and the rest of the world to arrive at what I believe is the "perfect mix", and I will be horribly shocked if the winner and the bulk of the semi-finalists do not come from this group of 18 delegates.


Aruba, for me, is the prettiest black contestant at the pageant.
I loved Chile in the prelims and am surprised she doesn't have a bigger following.
I don't "get" Costa Rica, but experts around the world believe she has "it".
I loved Trinidad & Tobago at Miss World, and I still do.
Not a huge fan of the pretty, but uber-thin Miss USA, but she will make the cut.
I doubt that Venezuela will not make the cut again this year, although I'm not a fan.


I like Finland in the prelims, although her "tumble-dried" hairdo needs work.
I don't "get" France, but she has a huge following.
I never noticed Greece before prelims, but she looked sensational.
Kosovo is gorgeous.
Netherlands appears to have a following and she is one of my obligatory blondes.
Ukraine is very Victoria Secret, which works for me.


I'm not on the Angola bandwagon, but she is the best from mainland Africa and will probably make the cut.
Australia is not as great as I had hoped, but the country is on a roll and should make the cut.
China is my BIG favourite for the crown. Tall, graceful, elegant and beautiful.
I don't understand the fascination with Malaysia, but once again she has a huge following so perhaps I just don't see "it".
Mauritius was a pleasant surprise during prelims and will probably be the second African in the semi-finals.
I like Philippines and for the second year running the crazed Filipino's are justified in being themselves. LOL.

In any event, may the best girl win.