Blog Archive

OOPS! I'VE MADE A MISTAKE

When I found out who had been selected as finalists in the Miss SA pageant, I was stoked (nice word) that I had selected 9 finalists correctly out of a pool of 34 semi-finalists. Given that it really is anyone's guess what the criteria are for selection these days, and one has to guestimate at the best of times, I think it was quite a good score.

I never bothered to look at the YOU last Friday when the photographs of the finalists appeared, and merely uploaded a collage of the finalists I had prepared a week earlier based on a tip I had received. But I now have to admit that I have made a horrible mistake. One of the 3 girls that I had not selected as a finalist is now my favourite for the crown.

Kiasha Naidoo is my new favourite for the Miss SA title based on the photographs I have just seen in the YOU. She definitely has a JoAnn Strauss vibe. Not a favourite before the 2000 Miss SA pageant, but definitely on most lists of favourite Miss SA's of all-time. In addition to my new No 1, 3 finalists that were previously in my Top 5 have now dropped way down the list.

Alas, I have heard rumours about who is going to win, and my selections are totally irrelevant this year. I suppose I can't expect lightning to strike twice in the same place after getting it right with Nicole Flint last year.