Blog Archive

TOP 5 NATIONAL COSTUME

I haven't really being paying much attention to the Miss Earth SA and Miss Earth pageants purely because I'm a pageant purist and the best looking girls hardly ever dominate at either pageant. I'm going to get my butt kicked by the "inner beauty crap crowd", but I've never made a secret of the fact that I don't really care much for anything other than face and figure when it comes to beauty pageants.

As long as the girl looks fabulous in photographs, has a killer body and doesn't beat up old people, children and animals, I don't really care much for personality. If the girl has all the physical qualities necessary to win, and she can pull off the faux smile and charm with conviction, she's a winner in my books. In the event of a tie, then personality will determine the winner, and that is a bonus. Anyways, back to Miss Earth.

As I said, I haven't really been following the Miss Earth system for the reasons mentioned above, but I must confess that the latest South African delegate at Miss Earth is really impressing me. I tried hard not to like her, but there is something about her that just appeals to me and I won't be in the least bit surprised if she becomes the first South African to make the Top 8 at Miss Earth.

The crowd across the pond in the Philippines must share my sentiments because they have just voted her colourful, but rather uninspiring national costume as one of the Top 5 at the pageant. Not only that, but she was finalist in the talent competition. Can't wait for 04 December to see if she can pull something out of the bag and make the Top 4.