Blog Archive

6, 5, 4...ONLY 3 MORE

Unlike previous years, there are no outstanding candidates at Miss Universe this year. That does not mean that the standard is any lower than in previous years, but merely that there are so many possible winners. I have never seen "favourite lists" change at the rate that they are this year.

To reiterate, I am not attempting to predict who will make the semi-finals on the 23rd, but rather my list represents the candidates I would like to see in the semi-finals. My next three choices for the semi-finals at Miss Universe are Miss Jamaica, Miss Russia and Miss Philippines.

I have liked Miss Jamaica since she was crowned a few weeks ago. In fact, this young lady should have been Miss Jamaica a couple of years ago when, whilst the outright favourite, she mysteriously only placed joint-third at her national pageant. She's not a ravishing beauty, but a complete package.

Miss Russia is very sexy, provided she never wears her hair behind her ears again. She has the ugliest ears at the pageant this year. LOL. And she has a very good body.

In spite of the hoards of rabid, obsessive Filipino fans that annoy the hell out of everyone online, I do think, that for once, Miss Philippines does deserve a semi-final spot this year. She is also a complete package even though she doesn't stand-out in any one of the judging categories.

My final 3 semi-finalists will be announced the day before the final. Whilst the 12 contestants I have named thus far are definites on my list, I have about 20 other contestants that are bubbling under at the moment.