Blog Archive

9, 8, 7...6 TO GO

I suppose it has become apparent that, contrary to my earlier statement about diversity for the sake of diversity, I have decided to allocate 5 semi-final spots to each of the 3 regions that I've identified: Americas, Europe and Rest of the World. Whilst I have gone the "quota" route for my semi-finalist selection, my Top 5 will be based on my personal preferences irrespective of region of origin.

Whilst the South American countries are often criticised for sending generic looking contestants to the pageant, let us not forget that the shapes of the Mercedes and the BMW don't change as dramatically as some of the lesser brands of motor vehicle and, for that reason, I'm including Miss Puerto Rico in my line-up.

My next pick for Europe is Miss Netherlands. I didn't like her when she was crowned earlier this year, but she really looks stunning all glammed up. I love her exotic features, and she just epitomises my idea of an old school pageant queen. I've always been of the opinion that "exotic" is just another word for "ugly, but different", but she is beautiful and exotic at the same time.

My pick for the third group in this post is Miss Singapore. I can't quite put my finger on what attracts me to her, but she is definitely one of the best looking contestants from South-East Asia. I hope she manages to land her country's third ever semi-final placement at Miss Universe.