Blog Archive

San Francisco FIDM Open House 2010: Nick Verreos makes an Appearance!


San Francisco FIDM Lovin'


Turquoise in SF: Nick Verreos poses with FIDM SF Open House attendees

This last weekend, I had the pleasure of flying to San Francisco to make another one of my "Special Appearances" at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising's San Francisco Campus. It was "Open House" time there, when anyone (high school students or post grads) interested in pursuing a career in fashion design , graphic design apparel manufacturing or any of FIDM's other 20 majors, can come, visit the school, meet advisers as well as former Alumn, such as myself to give them advice and inspiration.

SF Buddies: Nick Verreos, Didi Simon, Carlo Parenti

I just can't get enough of SF! It seems like I am there every other weekend--whether it's hosting a Macy's Special Event, or for FIDM. After arriving and checking in to my Hotel Monaco San Francisco room, I met up with my San Francisco buddies, Didi Simon, Carlo Parenti and Jason Fioresi for dinner at Lime Restaurant. We had an amazing dinner full of delicious food, dishing the dirt and fashionista talking!

Ready. Set. WORK! Nick Verreos poses with Storm Miguel Florez, Annalise Ophelian, Nat Josef and Sarah Deragon, Lime Restaurant San Francisco

At Lime, I met an entire table of Project Runway fans (above photo)--OK, they were fans of Nick (did I just type in Third Person?). Of course we took lots of photos!
Nick Verreos and Trudy Noren--in Verrieres & Sako white jacket (FIDM SF Alumni!)

The following day was the FIDM San Francisco Open House and I was ready! The ever-so-fabulous Trudy Noren, the FIDM San Francisco Events DIVA, met me as I reached the 5Th Floor to give my "This is how I got started in Fashion" hour-long lecture.

The place was PACKED (standing room for those late-comers kiddies!) and I think EVERYONE really enjoyed my lecture, visit and well, just being there!


SF Open House Meet-and-Greet: Nick Verreos and FIDM Open House attendees

Afterward, I spent over an hour signing and posing with all the attendees--high school students, post-graduates, as well as Mom's and Dad's (yeah, they LIKE me too!).

For some reason, there were SEVERAL Levi's employees in the FIDM SF Open House and they all were LOVING my Levi's Super Skinny 510's! And wanted photos of them! (see above) I had a blast at the San Francisco FIDM Open House and cannot wait to return. There were SO MANY attendees who told me how much my story was so similar to theirs and how inspired they were. I was truly moved. Seriously! Clutching my Pearls moment!

Beard Boys: Sui Generis Owners Gabriel and Miguel, with Nick Verreos, Sui Generis Consignment Store, San Francisco

I had to catch my early evening flight back to Los Angeles but of course, I wanted to get some shopping in before leaving: So I had my friend Didi take me to my favorite San Francisco boutique, Sui Generis, a Menswear "Haute Vintage" Consignment store. And yes, darlings, I found some deals--in fifteen minutes!!! A couple of Etro and Pucci scarves and a Martin Margiela jacket later, I was dropped off at SFO ready to make my flight back to LA-LA Land.

Bye San Francisco and see you soon FIDM SF!!